Armin Koller, MD
- University education at Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität, Münster.
- Dissertation on “Skeletal Age and Growth Prognosis in Children with Lower Leg Deformities”
- 1991-1998: Surgical training, implying general surgery, neurosurgery and general orthopaedics.
- Since 1998: Board certified orthopaedic surgeon
- Special training at the 'Department of Technical Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation' (WWU): Conservative and surgical treatment with emphasis on congenital lower leg malformations, neuromuscular disorders, amputation medicine and diabetic foot syndrome
- Since July 2008: Chief of Division of Technical Orthopaedics, co-chief of Interdisciplinary Diabetic Foot Centre at Mathias-Hospital Rheine, Northrine-Westfalia, Germany
National Guideline Work
- Committee member for "Rehabilitation after major lower leg amputations"
- Taskforce member for "Risk stratification, shoes & orthotics in the diabetic foot syndrome"
- Annual course "International Course on The Neuropathic Osteoarthropathic Foot ", Rheine
- Annual course "The neuropathic foot", German Foot and Ankle Society, Münster
- Biannual course “The Charcot foot”, Society for Foot and Ankle Surgery, Aachen (with R. Springfeld)
- Editorial Board Diabetic Foot and Ankle
- Fuß und Sprunggelenk (German Foot and Ankle)
- North American Travelling-Fellowship 2001, sponsored by Section of Technical Orthopaedics, German Orthopaedic Association
- Ilizarov Award of Excellence at the 5th Annual International External Fixation Symposium 2009, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- German Orthopaedic Association
- Association for Foot Surgery
- International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics
- German Foot & Ankle Association