The Association of Diabetic Foot Surgeons (ADFS) is an international not-for-profit organisation for surgeons working with the diabetic foot syndrome. Our work is to support cooperation and best practice in research, education and clinical interventions between foot surgeons working with or having an interest in the diabetic foot.
The aim of ADFS is to create a professional forum that will attract different groups of specialists which throughout the world are doing surgery on the diabetic foot. ADFS is a membership based organisation with board members who have an extensive network of leading experts on the aspects of surgery on the diabetic foot.
The overall purpose of ADFS is to create a forum for strengthening the position of surgery on diabetic foot care. We want to enhance awareness of the surgeons role in a multidisciplinary care organisation and develop the quality and knowlegde about diabetic foot surgery globally.
ADFS primary objectives are to:
- support cooperation and best practice in research, education and clinical interventions between foot surgeons working with or having an interest in the diabetic foot
- organise conferences and meetings with the aim to promote sharing of knowledge and experiences about surgery on the diabetic foot
- support the development of work techniques and approaches as well as developing medical devices which will facilitate better surgical treatment of the diabetic foot
- cooperate with and support contact to other associations as well as research institutions and industry working with surgical interventions on the diabetic foot
- promote the interests of surgery in the diabetic foot
ADFS Board, November 2017