Klaus Kirketerp-Møller, MD
Education: MD 1989, Faculty of Health, Copenhagen University.
Speciality of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2000
1989-1996 Junior training, various hospitals
1996-2000 Speciality training, Region of Copenhagen
2000-2003 Orthopaedic specialist, Region of Sealand
2003-2009 Head of Copenhagen Wound Healing Center, Bispebjerg Hospital
2009-2010 Consultant Orthopedic Department at Køge Hospital
2010-2014 Head of Research Unit for Amputations and Wounds, Hvidovre Hospital
2014- 2014 Head of Diabetic Foot Unit, Hvidovre University Hospital
Dec. 2014- Consultant, Copenhagen Wound Healing Center, Bispebjerg University Hospital
Meeting and conferences
Oral and poster presentations at 10 international conferences.
Award winner at IWDF 2007 (Posterprice) and DFSG 2009 (Posterprice).
Invited lectures at EBJIS (2010, 2013) EWMA (2011, 2012, 2013) DAF (German Foot and Ankle Society - 2013, 2014) DSFS (2009, 2013) and EFORT (2011, 2012, 2013).
Since 2007, mainly concentrated on chronic wounds and bacterial biofilm. Clinical research on chronic ostemyelitis, acting mainly as the link between the experimental research and the clinical practice.
- CBS, Leadership training for scientific leaders 2007-8
- Region of Copenhagen: Ledelse af medarbejdere 2011-12
- Chair of Danish Association of The Diabetic Foot (2007-2008)
- Member of the board, Diabetic Foot Study Group (Vice-chair 2012-)
- Member of the board EBJIS (Vice-chair 2013-)
- Co-founder and board member of Association of Diabetic Foot Surgeons (2014-)
- Co-founder and Chairman of Danish Society of Orthopaedic Infectionsurgey (2014-)
- Chair of Nordic Diabetic Foot Task Force (2013-)
- Danish Orthopaedic Society
- Diabetic Foot Study Group
- European Bone and Joint Infection Society
- Danish Wound Healing Society
- Danish Foot and Ankle Society
- Danish Society of Orthopaedic Infectionsurgey
- Association of Diabetic Foot Surgeons
- European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Diagnostics